Ya Asylum

Thursday, September 26th 2013

Write Wednesday: Horror, #MSWL, & #JoinTheAgenda

writewedThis post may appear to be all over the place, but it is all interconnected through the fact I love all of these wonderful things.

1. Querying, Anyone?

If you are querying or planning to query soon then check out #MSWL. What does that mean? It’s Manuscript Wish List. Literary agents and editors got on twitter and started to tweet what they wanted to see. This tumblr (Agent’s Wish List) also has an archieved required of #MSWL along with other tweets from lit agents about what they’re looking for.

Writer friends: it’s ridiculously helpful!

2. #JoinTheAgenda

Yeah. I’m talking about this again. Shocker! A new mission has begun for all those Pinterest lovers out there! Pin this image to start your Crewel World book. The winner will get a Agenda leader position and a bunch of awesome swag.

Pin It To Win It!

#JoinTheAgenda has a new mission. Get your Pinterest boards ready! Adelice is stuck on the Surface. Help her by creating a Crewel World board. Pin items that will help Adelice survive on the Surface and avoid the Guild. This is open to INTERNATIONAL entries.

How to Enter:

1. Repin the above image and start your own Crewel World board
  2. Pin items that will help survive on the Surface. It really can be any item you think will help. Don’t worry if you think the item might not really exist within the Crewel World. It’s the thought that counts!
  3. Tag each of your new pins with #JoinTheAgenda and @GenniferAlbin (or @gennalbin for her Pinterest account) or @TheCrewelWorld.
  4. Follow Gennifer Albin’s pinterest board.

What do you win?

You’ll win a coveted Agenda Leader spot and an Agenda Leader prize package!

How long?

This contest is open from today (September 25th) to October 11th. So you have a little over two weeks!

3. Horror — October? YAY

Leanne of Literary Excursion is hosting Horror in October. How excited am I? SO EXCITED! Check it out! HALLOWEEN is my favorite holiday ever. I love, love, love it.

Horror October @ Literary Excursion
posted by kim
Posted in: Book Talk, Writing
tagged: , , ,
9 Comments

9 Responses to: Write Wednesday: Horror, #MSWL, & #JoinTheAgenda

1. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

lexacain said:

Well, I don’t Pinterest, but I’m looking forward to some horror book reviews from you in October! Yay for the delightful month of Halloween!! -)
    lexacain recently posted…Celebrate the Small Things: 9/20My Profile

2. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Christine Monson said:

I love October too. Autumn is my favorite season. Thanks for posting about the twitter hashtag. I wasn’t aware of it. Off to look through it now.
    Christine Monson recently posted…New Adult: What does it mean for YA writers?My Profile

3. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Alisa Selene said:

I love Halloween as well! I love the wish list.. Never seen it before, something to keep in mind!
    Alisa Selene recently posted…Audiobook Review: Dodger by Terry PratchettMy Profile

4. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Kim said:

I looove October :)
    Kim recently posted…Write Wednesday: Horror, #MSWL, & #JoinTheAgendaMy Profile

5. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Kim said:

Halloween’s my fav :)

6. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Megan @ Adrift on Vulcan said:

Ooh, thanks for sharing about #MSWL — I hadn’t heard of it before today, and like C.J.’s book about querying, this will be incredibly helpful, I’m sure. I mean, it’s only typical for writers to think that EVERYONE would be interested to read their book (at least, that’s how I feel, haha), so this will be very enlightening for me.

And OKAY, I know I said I’d join the artist competition for the Agenda, and while my imagination skills are by no means crappy, my drawing skills are. It’s impossible to convey what I’m seeing in my mind onto paper. This one sounds much more doable!

Whoop for Horror October! I’m participating in that one too, and I love love LOVE the banner. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
    Megan @ Adrift on Vulcan recently posted…Off With Their Heads: Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer, Katie AlenderMy Profile

7. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Weekly Round-Up: Book Deals, Publishing News & More | YA Asylum said:

[…] WRITING WEDNESDAY: Horror, #MSWL, #JoinTheAgenda,  […]

8. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Kim said:

Autumn is my favorite as well! It doesn’t stay autumn long where I am, sadly :(

9. On Thursday, September 26th 2013

Kim said:

I love the #MSWL it’s such a great source of information. And I love the banner too! It’s so eye catching. I look forward to seeing you pinterest board :)

Join The Conversation! Your email will not be published.

CommentLuv badge

© Copyright 2013 YA Asylum. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Anna Moore.
%d bloggers like this: