Ya Asylum

Friday, September 27th 2013

Feature & Follow: My Reading Nook

Feature & Follow is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.

Feature Follow Preference: Since I don’t have the GFC option, if you’d like to follow YA Asylum through e-mail (in the side bar), on twitter, or bloglovin then that would be great :)

bloglovin'

Feature & Follow

Reading Nook Tour!

diy-reading-nook-inspired-design-idea-1 How beautiful is this? Okay, okay … yes this is from a DIY magazine and not really my reading nook. This is my dream reading nook though — maybe not that exact color scheme, but something similar to it.

In reality?

I have no particular reading nook. I read whenever and wherever I can. Generally during breaks at work, or in my car when I have a few minutes between going from place A to B, or on my couch or in my bed or at the library. It’s really wherever. None of them are particularly awesome places or picturesque so I won’t be showing them :(

The last week has been pretty nice though so I’ve taken to going out in the backyard on a blanket to read some. This isn’t usually possible. It’s usually either too hot or too cold to be outside for prolong periods of time, but it’s that rare gap called Fall which usually lasts only a week or two here. My dog’s loving it. He’s happy to have someone out back with him and he’s adorable and will curl up into a ball on my lap while I read.

What? You want to see a picture of my dog now? Why, of course I’ll show you!

This is Dr. Boo and yes that is a bowtie collar.

What about you? Do you have a reading nook? Or are you like me and read whenever/wherever?

ya-signature

Altered

Also interested in winning ONE of THREE $100 cash scholarships? Find out how to #JoinTheAgenda HERE

posted by admin
Posted in: Book Talk
tagged:
12 Comments

12 Responses to “Feature & Follow: My Reading Nook”

1. Cait says:

I could and think i will do a whole other post of my dream reading nooks!
    Here is mine: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/follow-me-friday-reading-nook-tour/
    Cait recently posted…Follow Me Friday: Reading Nook TourMy Profile

2. Hi Kim,
    There is always some awesome pictures of dream library and your choice is good! For a moment, before reading your post, I’ve thought: “Oh…She’s lucky to have such place” Lol!

Lucie

Ps: I entered a contest to win an French award for my blog. And I really appreciate, if you stop by my blog before october 25th to vote!
    Thank you!
    Fuentes Lucie recently posted…Feature and Follow Friday #168My Profile

3. Christine M. says:

I’d very much love to have a reading nook, but I pretty much read in my big red chair or in the backyard when the weather is nice.
    Christine M. recently posted…DIVERGENT NewsMy Profile

4. Julie S. says:

I would love to have a reading nook like that too. It would be so awesome!

Current follower.
    Julie @ Chapter Break
    Julie S. recently posted…Losing Hope ReviewMy Profile

5. Katy says:

Aww, your dog is adorable! My cats like sitting on my lap when I’m reading, too! That reading nook is really pretty! I always wish I knew some handy people that would build me something like that when I see awesome things like that!
    Katy recently posted…Fake Book Premises Inspired by SongsMy Profile

6. Jackie says:

That’s a cool picture! Your dog is so cute. :)
    New Bloglovin Follower :)

My FF :)

Jackie @Jackie’s Book World
    Jackie recently posted…Feature and Follow Friday (#27)My Profile

7. lexacain says:

Dr. Boo is adorable! I’ve never had a nook. I generally used to read in bed, several hours a night, but now I find myself sleeping within half an hour! But I do a lot of reading on the computer, so I guess that counts …
    Have a great weekend! :-)
    lexacain recently posted…Celebrate the Small Things: 9/27My Profile

8. Mandy says:

I think you picked a great picture for your dream nook. I hope one day you have your own nook like the picture. I love the idea. Of course we want to see the puppy and so cute!!!! I love little white fluff balls. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great weekend. Happy reading New follower My FF

9. That picture looks great – I wouldn’t mind having that spot for reading too! And I love to read outside when the weather is nice enough. Unfortunately that’s not as often as I’d like.

You dog is too cute, great addition to the post :-)
    Old follower!
    Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun recently posted…Fun Questions | Stay or Nay?My Profile

10. Charlotte says:

Holly Molly! You’re the second FFer I’ve visited who also posted a dog on their post. I am a dog lover too. I have a pom, shih tzu and a shih poo.

And I am drooling over that DIY reading nook. It’s a dream, Kim. It’s a dream. If only I have the money then I would certainly have that constructed inside my room. <3

Old bloglovin follower.
    Charlotte recently posted…e-ARC Review: The Devil’s Apprentice by Jan SiegelMy Profile

11. Hah hah, I was ready to gasp with envy over that photo. My favorite places to read are my bed or in the outdoors (park, beach), but I’m like you–I read anywhere and everywhere, too. :) There are so many books waiting, I can’t help it!
    Wendy Darling recently posted…Welcome Kate!My Profile